Unions Tasmania is a well-respected and experienced provider of training for Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs), offering a comprehensive five-day course for new HSRs and one-day refreshers throughout the year.
5 Day HSR Introductory Course for Commonwealth, State Public & Private Employees
This is a WorkSafe Tasmania and Comcare approved training course primarily designed for Health and Safety Representatives, however it is an excellent introduction to WHS for any interested person. The course gives participants the knowledge and skills to meet the challenges of being an HSR or actively participating in the improvement of work health and safety.
Topics covered include:
• Interpreting the work health and safety legislative framework and the role of the HSR
• Identifying key parties and their legal obligations and duties
• Establishing representation in the workplace
• Participating in consultation and issue resolution
• Representing members in the risk management process
• Issuing provisional improvement notices and directing work to cease
Upcoming Dates and Registration
5 Day Introductory Course - State
- 16 - 20 December (Hobart)
We are currently devising our training program for 2020, to be published before the end of this year. To register your interest in health and safety training for next year, email [email protected].